Thursday, April 21, 2011

Unfortunate Circumstances.

This has been something I've been putting off for a while now and I think this is something everyone needs to hear. In the past few months, I've been talking with God a lot and trying to stay on the right track of being a christian and making myself stronger. You see, at my last Impact, I was praying to God and thanking Him for giving me a place to go to get away from my life, but He told me that wasn't what He put me there for. Impact was a sort of training thing for me. It was to prepare me for the real world when I go off on my own. So because He told me that, I've been trying really hard to be good and true to my faith in Him, but its been really hard with the lack of support. I've realized that the people around me don't seem to be interested in God anymore. When I'm with my friends, family, at school and even at church, I feel like every time I say the word God people cringe a little because they don't feel like getting into that topic for reasons I don't know. It seems like people are focusing on everything except God. Whether it be gossip, friends, relationships, school, work. Where does God fit into all of this? I know its something that people don't want to hear but it's true. I've been observing all these people and it breaks my heart. I know people go through changes, but God shouldn't ever be something you have to change. And for me, it's either a good thing or a bad thing. For one reason, this might be what He's giving me to prepare myself for being on my own and relying to heavily on others. Or it might be so that others don't rely to strongly on me. Either way, its tearing me up because it means I'm going to lose more friends. And that's the last thing I want. Even if it's what I need.

2 comments:

  1. Missy.. I am so proud of you. I definitely think god is preparing you for life on your own... its hard. I'm just learning that now... having gotten married so young I am just now back to figuring out who I am, and who god wants me to be. And I will be the first to tell you, that when bad things happen, its hard to find God in the midst of it, and even harder to put him first when you feel that way... but hes always there waiting for you, when you're ready to look for the good...I pray you will continue to always look for the good! I love you!! <3 angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much angie :) that means a lot to me coming from you. I hope everything is going well with you and your kids. I'm still praying for you as well. i love you too!

    ReplyDelete